The City of Devonport has nine car parks within its Central Business District offering over 1100 car parking spaces (including 15 disabled spots), and 501 metered spaces (including 3 disabled).
Car park Locations
||Number of Spaces
|Formby Road (Cmax complex)
|Payne Avenue (3 hour)
|Payne Avenue (all day)
Operating Times, Time Limits & Fees:
- All $1.80 per hour (maximum of one hour)
- 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- 9.00am -1pm Saturday
- All $1.60 per hour (except Best Street which is a Pay As You Leave car park,Wenvoe Street which is 90 cents/hour or $4.50 all day and Victoria Parade is 60 cents/hour or $3.60 all day).
- 8.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday; 9.00am - 10am Saturday.
- 3 hour limits- Formby Road, Edward Street and Lower Payne Avenue.
- All Day Parking- Best Street, Rooke Street, Fourways, Fenton Way, Upper Section Payne Avenue, Wenvoe Street & Victoria Parade car parks.
BEST STREET CAR PARK
- The Best Street Car Park is now operated as aPay As You Leave (PAYL) car park.
- $1.80 per hour, between8.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Charged in 15 minute increments.
- The Pay Station machine will accept coins (except for 5 cent pieces), notes ($5, $10 & $20) and credit cards (VISA and Mastercard).
- Lost parking tickets charged at the full day rate of $17.
- Monthly & Annual Parking Permits cannot be used in the Best Street Car Park.
- Concession Parking Booklets cannot be used in the Best Street Car Park.
- Disability Parking Permit holders are required to pay for parking in this car park.
- For further informationdownload a copy of the Information Sheethere.
Monthly parking permits
All car parks (except the Best Street car park): $130.00
Wenvoe Street: $90.00
Victoria Parade: $60.00
Metered Space permits: $250.00
Reserved Spaces in Payne Avenue car park
$1,060.00 per annum; can be billed monthly ($88), 3 months ($265) or 6 months ($530)
Hooded Meter (used by tradesman)
$30.00 per metered space per day
Disability Parking Permit Guidelines
- Australian Disability Parking Permits are issued by the Tasmanian Government to Scheme members and are transferable to any vehicle that they travel in, either as the driver or as a passenger.
- Members are not entitled to use their parking permit if they are not leaving the vehicle.
- Parking Concessions only apply if the permit is displayed in the front of the vehicle so that the permit number and expiry date can be clearly seen by parking officers. Parking infringement notices will be issued where permits are detected being used outside of the conditions specified above.
This Scheme is administered by the Tasmanian Government to provide assistance to people who have a permanent or temporary severe disability.
If parked in Time Zones
5 mins Zone, 15 min Zone - stay for a total of 30 mins
30 min Zone,1 hour Zone - stay for a total of 2 hours
1 hour zone, 2 Hour zone, 4 Hour Zone - stay for twice the time
Parking Meter Parking (on Street)
Pay for one hour, and get one hour free.
Council Car Parks
No free time.
Designated Disability Parking Spaces (on Street and in Council Carparks)
Park for free for 90 mins. If you need to park for longer, please purchase a voucher for the full time required and park in a non designated parking space.
Devonport City Council Parking Strategy & Action Plan
Devonport City Council Parking Strategy
Devonport City Council Parking Strategy Action Plan
Fees and Charges are current for the 2014-15 Financial Year as of 1 July 2014